Vinfast ditches battery subscription.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vimeovideo

Reaction score
The battery subscription option vanish from the website but I read this is only for North America. I was just checking things out and it seems like it's gone completely. Maybe Vinfast is rethinking the whole subscription thing?

Honestly, with the new pricing including the battery, the subscription doesn't seem as attractive anymore. Unless they bring back the subscription for a much lower price, I might just stick with established brands. The only real draw for Vinfast right now is the longer range on the CE models, but that might not be enough. Anyone else heard anything about the subscription disappearing? Maybe it's just for new reservations?

So I called my SA, and yes, VF ditched the subscription, AS OF NOW. He also mentioned that they're actively working on improvements, so let's just stay tuned.

the battery subscription model was a really interesting approach, it seemed like a smart way to keep upfront costs lower and made VinFast stand out in the EV market. Now that it’s gone, it feels like one of the brand’s unique selling points has disappeared. it might make buyers consider more established brands with similar pricing. I was hoping for a more budget-friendly option as well, especially since EVs can already be pricey. Who knows, maybe they’ll introduce a new program or incentive down the line.
The battery subscription option vanish from the website but I read this is only for North America. I was just checking things out and it seems like it's gone completely. Maybe Vinfast is rethinking the whole subscription thing?

Honestly, with the new pricing including the battery, the subscription doesn't seem as attractive anymore. Unless they bring back the subscription for a much lower price, I might just stick with established brands. The only real draw for Vinfast right now is the longer range on the CE models, but that might not be enough. Anyone else heard anything about the subscription disappearing? Maybe it's just for new reservations?

Last edited:

It’s interesting how VinFast is pivoting. I think they’re testing what works best in each market, and maybe North America just didn’t take to the battery subscription idea. If they’re keeping the price competitive, though, it might make sense to just bundle the battery cost into the car price. Personally, I’d rather own the battery outright than deal with subscription fees. I wonder if they’ll make any official statements about this soon.

ditching the battery subscription might be the right move for VinFast. It’s probably tough convincing people to pay monthly for something they usually own outright in other EVs. With the current prices, owning the battery makes more sense, but I still think VinFast has some work to do if they want to stand out from the bigger names. The longer range is nice, but without more incentives or pricing advantages, it’s going to be tough. Oh well everyone's trying to innovate so we have to wait and see which tech is better. 🤷‍♂️

The disappearance of the battery subscription is definitely something to keep an eye on. It was a unique selling point for VinFast, and if they’re dropping it, they might have found it wasn’t resonating with North American customers. unless they bring it back with more competitive pricing, the subscription model might not make sense for most people. Established brands are a safer bet when the pricing is similar, so VinFast will need to come up with other incentives to keep attracting customers. 😓

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back