Loving our VinFast VF8 Plus!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sip-of-coffee

Reaction score
We just picked up our VF8 Plus and gotta say, we're obsessed! Been following VinFast for a while now, ever since we saw their cars at the LA Auto Show. Took a chance on a Vietnamese automaker, and so far, no regrets! Heard some rumblings about software issues, but honestly, haven't had any problems ourselves. Curious if any other VF8 owners are out there - what's your experience been like? Any tips for new owners?

We just picked up our VF8 Plus and gotta say, we're obsessed! Been following VinFast for a while now, ever since we saw their cars at the LA Auto Show. Took a chance on a Vietnamese automaker, and so far, no regrets! Heard some rumblings about software issues, but honestly, haven't had any problems ourselves. Curious if any other VF8 owners are out there - what's your experience been like? Any tips for new owners?
I also recently picked up my VF8, I wouldn't exactly say that it can rival the EV6 or other leading competitors but believe me when I say that this car is reliable and it drives quite well. VinFast heard the reviews and seen the comments about their car and they're working on improving the vehicle.

Congrats on the VF8 Plus! I’m still in the ‘research and admire’ phase, and I’ve been super intrigued by VinFast. especially since they made waves at the LA Auto Show. It’s really cool to see a new player in the EV game, and Although i'm hoping to hear if anyone had any software issues.

Since you’re already a proud owner, do you have any first-week tips for someone who’s thinking about getting the VF8? Like anything quirky about the car’s features or things I should watch out for as a new owner? Also, how’s the charging experience been for you so far?

I’ve had mine for a few months now, and honestly, it’s been a great experience too. Like you, I was a bit cautious about jumping in with a newer brand, but VinFast seems to be delivering on their promise! The tech inside is surprisingly smooth, and I haven’t run into any major software bugs either, just the occasional minor quirk here and there. 😅

As for tips, I’d recommend exploring all the customizable settings in the infotainment system. I found a few things I didn’t even realize were there, like tweaking the regen braking levels for different driving feels. It’s pretty handy, especially for city driving.

Welcome to the VF8 club! I’ve had mine for a few weeks now, and while I did notice some minor software quirks early on, they were all pretty easy to fix with the over-the-air updates. So keep an eye out for those updates because they can smooth out any hiccups as they keep improving the system.

One tip I’d share is to get used to the different driving modes. Each one really changes the feel of the car. I usually switch between Eco for daily commutes and Sport for the weekends when I want to have a little fun. 😉

it's always great to hear from another happy VinFast owner. I’ve been driving mine for a while now, and I’ve had a similar experience—no major software issues at all, just smooth sailing. I love how VinFast has really stepped up with the tech features; it makes the drive that much more fun.

One thing that’s been helpful for me is playing around with the driver-assist settings to find what works best for different roads. And definitely take advantage of any updates they roll out—it seems like they’re pretty committed to refining the user experience as they go. Enjoy the new ride! ✌

I’ve been loving my VF8 Plus as well. Like you, I was following VinFast after seeing them at an auto show, and it’s been an exciting ride so far. The build quality has been great, and I haven’t had any significant software issues either, just minor things that the updates have taken care of.

One tip I’d suggest for new owners is to get familiar with the driver profiles and how customizable everything is, from the seat settings to the infotainment system. Also, keep an eye on the tire pressure and charging speeds, especially in extreme weather. I’ve noticed that tweaking the regen braking and driving modes really helps optimize the driving experience based on where you are. 😁

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back