Impressed with VinFast VF8 Plus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguyen2001

Reaction score
One month in with my VF8 Plus and I'm blown away! Super smooth ride, crazy fast pick-up, and the firmware seems rock solid (v9.6.1.3). Planning a road trip soon to test the range. The car even turned heads at work - my boss stopped by to admire it! Even had a funny moment where co-workers had never heard of VinFast, so I was kinda proud.

VinFast actually throws in a free Level 2 charger, which is awesome! It's hardwired and super fast, but installation requires some electrical know-how. I ended up tackling it myself - saved some cash!, but for those who prefer not to mess with the circuit breaker panel, a standard NEMA outlet might be easier (slower charging though).

Anyone else out there with VF8 Plus? What's your experience been like?

Ikr? Mine's been running smoothly so far, except for a minor issue with the VinFast charger. But beyond that, it looks fantastic and I constantly get compliments on it.

So I had a chance to drive my dad-in-law's VF8 plus. The interior is great, but overall, I wasn't overly impressed with the car. The seats weren't very comfortable, and after about a 30 min drive, my back began to ache, which is unusual for me. The brake pedal felt odd, with too much slack before engaging, and it had a cheap, spongy feel. It's just my observation.

Glad to hear you're loving your VF8! It's great that you've been able to use the home charger without any issues. I've seen some posts from other owners who've had trouble, so good to know that it's working well for you.

I’ve been eyeing the VinFast models for a while now but haven’t taken the plunge yet. I’m still new to the EV world, so hearing about the smooth ride and fast pick-up is super encouraging. Also, it’s cool that your co-workers were impressed! VinFast seems to be catching a lot of attention lately, and that free Level 2 charger is such a sweet bonus! 💪

I’m curious about the installation though. You mentioned tackling it yourself, how difficult was that? I’m still learning my way around basic car stuff and anything electrical kind of freaks me out 😂😅. Did you need any special tools? I’ve heard a lot about the NEMA outlets for EVs and thought that might be the easier route for someone like me, but it sounds like you had no trouble with the hardwired option. I’d love to hear any tips you might have for someone considering an EV like the VF8 and maybe installing that charger down the line. 🤔

Hope the road trip goes well, would love to hear how the range holds up!

congrats on the VF8 Plus! I’ve had mine for about three months, and I’m still loving every second behind the wheel.
One month in with my VF8 Plus and I'm blown away! Super smooth ride, crazy fast pick-up, and the firmware seems rock solid (v9.6.1.3). Planning a road trip soon to test the range. The car even turned heads at work - my boss stopped by to admire it! Even had a funny moment where co-workers had never heard of VinFast, so I was kinda proud.

VinFast actually throws in a free Level 2 charger, which is awesome! It's hardwired and super fast, but installation requires some electrical know-how. I ended up tackling it myself - saved some cash!, but for those who prefer not to mess with the circuit breaker panel, a standard NEMA outlet might be easier (slower charging though).

That fast pick-up really surprises people, right? Same situation here, most of my co-workers had never heard of VinFast either, but now they’re all curious! I haven’t done any long trips yet, but definitely let us know how your road trip goes.

I’m really curious about how the range holds up on highways. As for the Level 2 charger, same deal. I installed it myself. Honestly, it’s such a game-changer for charging speed.

I’m right there with you, been driving mine for a couple of months, and it’s been rock solid, especially with the newer firmware updates. I did notice a slight improvement in range after v9.6.1.3 dropped. Not sure what they did! Road trip sounds like the perfect way to put it through its paces! I went the NEMA outlet route for the charger, mostly for simplicity, but yeah, charging speed definitely takes a hit compared to hardwiring. Good to see others taking on the DIY install though, props for that!

your post is making me even more excited to finally take the plunge! I’ve been on the fence about the VF8 Plus for a while, and it’s great to hear positive feedback from real owners. That free Level 2 charger is a sweet deal, I’m not the handiest person when it comes to electrical stuff, so I might just opt for the NEMA outlet. How tough was the DIY install for the hardwire, though? Was it something you needed experience for or more of a follow-the-instructions kind of thing?

VF8 Plus are turning heads! It’s like driving a secret superstar. I did a 300-mile trip last week, and the range held up better than expected. The key is keeping a steady speed and avoiding hard acceleration, though that’s tough because the pick-up is so fun, hahaha!! On the charging front, I went with a local electrician for the install. I just didn’t want to risk messing with the panel, but sounds like you nailed it! 👍

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back