I'm confused about VinFast battery capacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xin Loi

Reaction score
I'm getting confused with the battery capacity info. Can someone (especially VinFast staff!) clarify the specifics?

Trying to understand the battery sizes for Eco versions 1 & 2, Plus versions 1 & 2, and the City Edition. Does the City Edition offer different battery options as well? With a 10-year commitment, it's important to get this right!

From what I gathered, the VinFast Eco and Plus trims both use an 87.7-kWh battery. The Eco trim has 348 horsepower and 368 pound-feet of torque, while the Plus trim has 402 horsepower and 457 pound-feet of torque.

It is a bit confusing actually, I read that they offer a few different battery options depending on the model and trim. 😵 I think, there's an Eco Version 1 & 2, the battery capacity can range from around 82 kWh to 88 kWh. That gives you a decent range for daily drives. Then they have the PLUS Version 1 & 2, it bumps up to the higher end, closer to 95 kWh for more extended range. Then they have the City Edition, which is typically designed for shorter urban commutes, so it usually comes with a smaller battery. 60 kWh depending on the model and region. You gotta get the battery that fits your lifestyle, especially with that 10-year commitment. 💪
I'm getting confused with the battery capacity info. Can someone (especially VinFast staff!) clarify the specifics?

Trying to understand the battery sizes for Eco versions 1 & 2, Plus versions 1 & 2, and the City Edition. Does the City Edition offer different battery options as well? With a 10-year commitment, it's important to get this right!

yeah, the battery specs were a bit overwhelming for me too when I was shopping around. From what I gathered, the City Edition usually has a smaller battery—so it’s more for city driving, with less range than the Eco and Plus versions. But I think it varies within the trims themselves, which can make it confusing. The higher-end Plus versions tend to have the bigger batteries if you’re looking for max range. Hopefully someone from VinFast or a current owner can give us the exact numbers on these!

I had the same confusion when I was choosing my VF8 Plus. From my research, the battery size really depends on whether you’re looking at the Eco or Plus versions. The Eco tends to have slightly smaller capacity compared to the Plus, but both give solid range. The City Edition, yeah, that one is designed more for urban driving, so it comes with a smaller battery size compared to the others, perfect for short, daily trips. If you want something more long-range, definitely look into the Plus versions! You’ll love it for longer drives.

I dove deep into this when I was picking my VF8, so hopefully this helps clear things up! The Eco 1 & 2 versions usually feature battery capacities around 82-88 kWh, and the Plus 1 & 2 versions can get closer to 95 kWh. The difference in range will depend on how much extra power you need for features and driving modes. The City Edition typically has a smaller battery, designed for short, urban commutes, but there might be multiple options there too. Definitely worth reaching out to VinFast staff for official specs, but those are the numbers I’ve seen floating around.

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back