Hyper-fast charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenyorCalderon

Reaction score
I freely admit I forget to plug in my car at night, and the Hyper-Fast charging station is a lifesaver. Husbandsays using it all the time will kill the battery faster, but I'm not convinced. Can anyone explain this? Is occasional Hyper-Fast charging okay, or should I try to be more mindful and plug in at night?

Nope, I don't believe in that. I've been using it on my Nissan Leaf for 11 years without much trouble. Sure, it might slightly reduce the battery life over time, but it's a small trade-off for the convenience. The bigger risk to your battery health is letting it regularly drain below 20%.

A lot of people forget to plug in their electronics at night, which is more common than you might think. But your husband is right. Hyper-fast charging is great for when you need it most. There is a chance that the battery will die faster over time if it is used too often. You can use it sometimes, but to get the most out of it over time, you should charge it every night if you can. If you can find that balance, your battery will stay healthy for a longer time.

I freely admit I forget to plug in my car at night, and the Hyper-Fast charging station is a lifesaver. Husbandsays using it all the time will kill the battery faster, but I'm not convinced. Can anyone explain this? Is occasional Hyper-Fast charging okay, or should I try to be more mindful and plug in at night?

Your husband’s definitely onto something! Hyper-Fast charging is super convenient, especially when you’re in a hurry, but using it too often can wear down your battery quicker because of the extra heat it generates. While EV batteries are built to handle fast charging, doing it daily can impact the long-term capacity. Mixing in slower overnight charging whenever you can will really help preserve your battery’s health.

Treat Hyper-Fast charging like a backup option rather than your main method. 😊 more of a extra feature, rather than a mandatory one.

Hyper-Fast charging is awesome for those quick top-ups, but it’s kind of like grabbing fast food. it’s fine every now and then, just not every day. 😉 Fast charging creates more heat, which can put extra strain on the battery if you rely on it too often. Your battery will definitely appreciate those slower overnight charges! But don’t stress, an occasional fast charge won’t do any harm, so it’s all about finding that balance. If you have time, don't fast-charge. if you really need a top-up because you're late or something, then do fast-charge.

Forgetfulness happens ! 😄 Hyper-Fast charging is super handy when you need a quick boost. Sadly, using it too often can take a toll on your battery over time because of the extra heat generated. Keep your battery in good shape by balancing it with regular home charging. Overnight isn't bad anymore since charging tech has improved. You’ve got this! It’s all about finding that sweet spot between convenience and long-term battery health. As for me, I'd rather get a good charger at home, then make sure my battery and charger aren't too warm while in operation.

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back