Free public charging with VinFast App for PoweredUp users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

East2West

Reaction score
Got the news about the PoweredUp program offering free charging for VF8 owners. For those new to the free juice, here's a quick rundown on using the VinFast app to charge up at stations like Electrify America, EVGo, and more:

Make sure your VinFast app is connected to your car.
Open the app and navigate to the charging section (might be a lightning bolt icon?).
The app should display nearby stations. Select the one you want to use.
You might need to choose a specific charger number at the station (check the app for details).
Hit "Start Charge" and follow any prompts.

That's it! Enjoy the free electrons and happy cruising!

That is indeed great news. This will definitely help me save a lot from charging at home or anywhere that needs you to pay before charging up.

thanks for breaking that down! It’s great to see VinFast stepping up with free charging for VF8 owners. I’ve been using the app since I got my car, and I really appreciate how easy it is to find charging stations. Just a heads-up for everyone: if you run into any issues at a station, I found that reaching out to customer support through the app can really help resolve things quickly. I took a road trip to visit some family, last weekend, and the app guided me to a nearby station where I charged up while grabbing lunch. Let’s make the most of these free electrons! Happy charging, everyone! 😁
Got the news about the PoweredUp program offering free charging for VF8 owners. For those new to the free juice, here's a quick rundown on using the VinFast app to charge up at stations like Electrify America, EVGo, and more:

Open the app and navigate to the charging section (might be a lightning bolt icon?).
You might need to choose a specific charger number at the station (check the app for details).

I just started using the PoweredUp program, and it’s such a game changer for road trips. The app really makes finding charging stations a breeze. I love that you highlighted the need to check for specific charger numbers, that tip saved me some time on my last stop! ✌ I was out running errands last week when I decided to charge at an EA station, and I was pleasantly surprised to see it was free. Just remember to keep the app updated; I’ve noticed it works better with the latest version. Happy cruising and charging, folks! Anyone planning a long trip soon?

I just got my VF8 and am really excited about the PoweredUp program! Thanks for the rundown! I’ve used the app a few times now, and it’s super user-friendly. It’s great that we can charge for free at places like Electrify America. I had a bit of a scare last week when I arrived at a busy station, but luckily, there was another charger just a few spots down. A little tip: always check if there are multiple chargers at the same station. Sometimes the first one is occupied, but there are usually others available. anyone see a nice quiet charging station? maybe with a bit of restaurants around? Looking forward to more free charging stations! 😍

I’ve been loving the PoweredUp program; it really makes owning an EV so much easier. The VinFast app has been a lifesaver for finding charging stations. I remember when I first tried it out, I was a bit nervous, but the instructions made it easy. Free charging is definitely the way to go. I had a little hiccup with one charger not starting, but customer support got it sorted in no time! I also used it during a weekend getaway, and it was fantastic to pull into a charging station, plug in, and explore the area without worrying about my battery. Anyone else have fun charging stories? this is so helpful, thanks again ! 😉

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back