Free EA charging & incompatible app

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChugitDown

Reaction score
With the VF8 free EA charging deal - anyone else having trouble with the ChargeHub app they give you? It shows stations but you can't activate at EA chargers, you need their separate card! I contacted them about this and switching to a home charger, thanks to my brother, but haven't heard back. Hoping they fix the app or give us codes for EA accounts. This free charging feels a little complicated right now! Anyone else experienced this?

The ChargeHub app not working can be very frustrating, especially considering the promotions like the 'Charged Up' home charger credit and free Electrify America charging. We can file a lawsuit for this. These features can be a big deciding factor for potential EV buyers.

Have you tried contacting ChargeHub support about this?

Yeah, I ran into the same issue! The ChargeHub app is great for finding stations, but it doesn’t let you start a session at EA chargers, which is super frustrating. I had to get the EA card separately, too. I heard they’re working on integrating the apps better, but no word on when that’s happening. In the meantime, I’ve been using the EA app directly or just tapping the card. As for home charging, that’s probably the way to go if you can swing it – way more convenient! 💪
With the VF8 free EA charging deal - anyone else having trouble with the ChargeHub app they give you? It shows stations but you can't activate at EA chargers, you need their separate card! I contacted them about this and switching to a home charger, thanks to my brother, but haven't heard back. Hoping they fix the app or give us codes for EA accounts. This free charging feels a little complicated right now! Anyone else experienced this?

I was thinking the app would simplify everything. Nope not even close! I ended up needing the EA card to get that free charging going. And the process is just confusing and frustrating. It’s such a hassle juggling two systems. it’s 2024, we’d think they’d have it all synced up by now! If you don’t have the EA card yet, I’d definitely recommend grabbing one. Once I did, things got a lot smoother for me. Hopefully, they figure it out soon so we can just stick to one app instead of carrying cards around too! 😡

Totally feel you on that! I was super pumped about the free EA charging deal too, but then realized I couldn’t get it to work through the ChargeHub app. Same boat as you. I had to go grab the EA card, which was an extra step I didn’t see coming. It’s definitely a bit of a hassle right now. I ended up sticking with home charging more often because it’s just way easier.

But yeah, fingers crossed they fix the app soon, because free charging shouldn’t come with so many hoops to jump through! 🤞

you’re not alone! I’ve been dealing with the same thing with the ChargeHub app, it’s frustrating that it doesn’t connect with EA chargers directly. 😵 I’m also waiting for an update or for them to send out some kind of fix. In the meantime, I grabbed the EA card, and it’s been working fine. If you’ve got a home charger option, that might save you from some of this hassle too! Hopefully, they’ll get everything sorted out soon so we can actually enjoy the free charging without the confusion.

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back