Does VinFast app for other EVs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguyen2001

Reaction score
Looks like it's not quite there yet...
I was using my brother's VinFast last week and was wondering if their app can charge other EVs. Seems handy for helping a friend out or just trying different stations. Anyone know if this works yet? From what I've seen, it seems like VinFast charging is currently for their vehicles only.

I was using my brother's VinFast last week and was wondering if their app can charge other EVs. Seems handy for helping a friend out or just trying different stations. Anyone know if this works yet? From what I've seen, it seems like VinFast charging is currently for their vehicles only.
Yup, you can charge another EV, but just keep in mind that we have a limited amount of free charging power.

I had the same question, also curious since chargers and stations have those universal chargers now. 🤔 I’ve been driving my VF8 for a few months, and while I love the convenience of the VinFast app for my own charging needs, I don’t think it supports other EVs yet. It would be super handy if it did, especially when charging up at different stations with friends who drive non-VinFast EVs. Maybe it’s something they’ll expand on in the future, like other automakers are starting to do? 🤷‍♂️

I’ve done a bit of digging on this. I was curious too! I think for now... the VinFast app is really designed to be specific to VinFast vehicles, which makes sense for now since they're still building their ecosystem. And probably being cautious with other systems, that might disrupt their own ecosystem. 🤔

But imagine the possibilities if they expanded it to other EVs, being able to lend a hand to friends with different EVs would definitely be a plus. Fingers crossed they think of adding that feature down the line! 🤞

Right now, the VinFast app is pretty limited to their own cars, as far as I know. I guess they're still not participating in the EV networks out there. 😔

It would be awesome if they allowed charging for other EVs though! That kind of compatibility would make it much more versatile and appealing, especially for people who might consider switching between brands or helping out a friend. Maybe it's something VinFast could add with a software update? 🤞 I’d totally welcome it.

As much as I’d love to be able to charge other EVs using the VinFast app, I think it’s currently set up just for VinFast models. I mean they already have more chargers. It makes sense since they’re still growing as a company, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they integrated more compatibility in the future. 😑

In the meantime, if you’re trying to charge another EV, using a universal charging station would be your best bet. Hopefully! 🤞 VinFast will expand its app features as they continue to evolve! one can dream right?

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back