Charging This VF Loaner: Any Ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhy29

Reaction score
My ride's being serviced, and I'm rolling around in this VF loaner, but now I'm stumped - how do I juice up this thing at public charging stations?

Any wizards out there with some tips or tricks to share? Would love to hear your insights!

When you are just starting out, charging a VF loaner can be a challenging task since it isn't yours. The account and vin number of the vehicle isn't registered to you. A credit card or an application such as PlugShare or ChargePoint ought to be compatible with the majority of public stations. All you need to do is pull up to a station, follow the instructions that are printed on the charger, and you will be finished! Hopefully the instructions haven't been stolen by people. If the loaner you are using comes with a charging card, then things will be even simpler overall.
My ride's being serviced, and I'm rolling around in this VF loaner, but now I'm stumped - how do I juice up this thing at public charging stations?

Any wizards out there with some tips or tricks to share? Would love to hear your insights!

the good ol’ loaner car conundrum! First, check if you have a charging card from the dealership (some loaners come with one). If not, grab an app like PlugShare or ChargePoint to locate nearby stations. You’ll want to look for Level 2 or, if you’re short on time, a fast charger. Most of these chargers will accept credit card payments, but make sure to confirm if you need an adapter for certain stations. One tip: always keep an eye on the charging speed and costs, they can vary a lot depending on the station!

I totally remember my first with a loaner. 😅 Here’s a little tip: make sure to grab the PlugShare app if you haven’t already. It’s super handy and will show you all the nearby public chargers, plus give you info on which ones work best for the VF8.

If you don’t have a charging card yet, no worries! Most charging stations let you pay with a credit card right at the kiosk or through the app, so you have options. I’d definitely recommend trying a fast charger if you’re looking for a quick top-up while you’re out and about, it can really save you time! Just keep an eye on your battery level, and you’ll be cruising smoothly in no time.

Okay, so for public charging, you’ll want to identify whether the loaner is compatible with CCS or J1772 chargers, most likely it’ll be one of these. Apps like PlugShare, ChargePoint, or even Google Maps can show you available stations around your area. Make sure the loaner didn’t come with an RFID card or app login for charging. it’ll make things smoother if you don’t have to pay each time. When you arrive at a station, make sure to check the charger’s kilowatt output for a quick, efficient charge.

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back