Charging Stops Early - Any Fixes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xR1pp3Rx

Reaction score
I'm having this weird charging hiccup. Whenever I plug in, it stops after just around 10-15 minutes, saying its hit the target range – but trust me, it hasn't. Then it tells me to remove the charging connector like it's all done. What gives? It was working fine for a solid 3 months, and now it's acting up out of the blue. Any ideas on what might be causing this glitch and how to fix it?

I'm having this weird charging hiccup. Whenever I plug in, it stops after just around 10-15 minutes, saying its hit the target range – but trust me, it hasn't. Then it tells me to remove the charging connector like it's all done. What gives? It was working fine for a solid 3 months, and now it's acting up out of the blue. Any ideas on what might be causing this glitch and how to fix it?

I’ve had something similar happen with my EV, and it turned out to be a software bug. 🤦‍♂️ I’d try is checking for any software updates on your car’s system or the charger itself. Hopefully it's just an update. 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes, these glitches are fixed with a simple update. If that doesn’t help, maybe try resetting the car’s charging settings or disconnecting and reconnecting the charger after a few minutes.

Also, check your charging schedule if you have one set up. If the problem persists, a visit to the dealer or your charging station’s provider could get to the bottom of it. I know it is frustrating, but troubleshooting is a must when owning these new EV vehicles.

uhhhh I haven’t experienced anything like that with mine yet. I’ve read about a few other people mentioning similar issues. 🤔 Have you tried using a different charging station? or outlet to see if it behaves the same way? Could be a problem with the charger itself? or maybe even the electrical setup in your garage?

Another thing to check is your charging cable, you know sometimes the connectors can wear down, especially if they’re exposed to weather conditions. If none of that works, I’d definitely reach out to your dealership. 😥

This could be a tricky one, but from what you’re describing, it sounds like either a sensor issue or a miscommunication between the charging station and your car. 🤔

Have you checked if your target range is accidentally set too low in the car’s settings? That would explain why it stops early. Also, it might help to clean the charging port and the connector in case any dirt or grime is affecting the connection. If none of that works, you could try a hard reset of your car’s charging system (check your manual for steps) to see if it resolves the glitch. Hopefully, it’s just a small software bug that a quick fix can sort out! 👍

I’ve had something similar happen with my EV, and it turned out to be a software bug. 🤦‍♂️ I’d try is checking for any software updates on your car’s system or the charger itself. Hopefully it's just an update. 🤷‍♂️ Sometimes, these glitches are fixed with a simple update. If that doesn’t help, maybe try resetting the car’s charging settings or disconnecting and reconnecting the charger after a few minutes.

Also, check your charging schedule if you have one set up. If the problem persists, a visit to the dealer or your charging station’s provider could get to the bottom of it. I know it is frustrating, but troubleshooting is a must when owning these new EV vehicles.

I’d suggest start troubleshooting. 💪 try charging at a different station to see if it’s the charger or your car. Check cables, check sockets, check ports, check connectivity issues. double-check the settings in your charging profile. sometimes the target range or time might get adjusted without you realizing it. I’ve also heard that sometimes the connectors can cause problems if there’s any debris or moisture, so cleaning them might help too. If all else fails, it could be worth contacting the service center for diagnostics. Let me know if you find a solution, charging hiccups can be a real headache! 😵

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back