Buying vs. Leasing the VF8!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamlong1985

Reaction score
Is it better to buy or lease the VF8? Well, it really depends on what you want and where you see yourself in the future, you know? Now, let me tell you why I opted to lease the VF8. Since Covid hit, money's been tight for me. I try to stick to my budget, and I don't think that makes me stingy. But maybe because I was feeling desperate, I nervously went with the lease option on the VF8. The lease deal was $0 down, $2000 in DMV fees, and $275 a month for three years. Compared to my old car where I was dropping $400 a month just on gas, I'm incredibly grateful for this car!

Loving my 3-year lease! The car is perfect for my family's city life. Most reviews were based on pre-production models, and honestly, they had me worried. Thankfully, those concerns seem unfounded. The car's comfortable, reliable, and gets a lot of attention.

The lease ends with a purchase option for just $19k! Three years is plenty of time to save up for that in cash. Depending on resale value, I might even break even. Here's the breakdown: $2k down payment + $9k lease payments + $19k purchase = $30k total for a car originally priced at $52k.

With 30k miles and 3 years on the odometer, it'll still be under warranty: 10 years/unlimited miles for the battery and 10 years/125k miles for everything else. Plus, no gas costs (free charging at my apartment and around the city) and only a slight increase in insurance compared to my previous car (around $200 extra for 6 months).

For a city family car, it really doesn't get better. With a 260-mile range, this lease is a win-win!

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back