Autel MaxiCharge is not charging consistently

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguyen2001

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble charging their MaxiCharge? My level 1 charger never worked, and my new level 2 started off great but now the light flickers yellow and shuts off. Super annoying! Wondering if this is a common issue with Autel (heard they make the VinFast chargers too).

Anyone else having trouble charging their MaxiCharge? My level 1 charger never worked, and my new level 2 started off great but now the light flickers yellow and shuts off. Super annoying! Wondering if this is a common issue with Autel (heard they make the VinFast chargers too).
Same as mine. It'll take a small charge, like 15% or 25%, then just quit for seemingly no reason. This happens no matter how I juice it up, slow charger or fast one, and the time of day doesn't seem to make a difference either.

what you're describing sounds like it could be an issue with the connection or even the electrical supply. Usually at the fault of the installer or the property, like cables, power delivery, etc. Flickering yellow lights generally indicate a grounding fault or an interruption in the power flow. I’d suggest checking the breaker or having an electrician inspect your Level 2 charger setup. It could also be worth updating the firmware if Autel offers that option. I haven’t had any major issues with mine, so it could be specific to your setup. ✌

frustrating! 😣 I’ve heard similar complaints about some of the Autel units. There's some with inconsistent charging. It’s odd because I’ve been using a MaxiCharge for my VF8 without issues so far. Now i'm kinda nervous, so I’m definitely keeping an eye on it now. Maybe try reaching out to Autel support to see if it’s a known issue or if they can offer a fix? Hopefully, it's just a one-off problem with your unit. If else, maybe they can replace it? maybe give you the latest generation?

I totally get your frustration. I’ve had my fair share of hiccups with my Autel charger too, but thankfully, nothing quite like that flickering light situation. mine just stops charging out of the blue, and I have to unplug it and restart the whole thing. It’s really annoying!

It could be a compatibility issue or something quirky with Autel’s software. I've heard that’s a common problem. 🤷‍♂️ I’ve seen others in the forum sharing similar experiences, so you’re definitely not alone in this! It might be worth checking for any software updates or reaching out to Autel’s support to see if they have any advice.

I’ve been lucky with my MaxiCharge so far, but I know some folks have run into issues as well. A flickering yellow light typically indicates a grounding problem, which could definitely be worth having an electrician check out.

you might want to try resetting the charger or updating its software, sometimes those little tweaks can make a big difference! If that doesn’t do the trick, don’t stress too much. Autel has pretty decent customer service, so if it turns out your unit is faulty, they should be able to help you out and maybe even swap it for a new one.

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back