Which one's the better pick: VF8 or VF9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carguy123

Reaction score
My wife’s stuck deciding between VF8 and VF9, and she’s all hung up on which battery size to go for too. What’s your take on it? Which one do you personally like and why? And hey, do you happen to know if the rental cost is the same for both? I’m kinda leaning towards the VF9 myself, especially with that extended range.

Last edited:
It seems like the battery subscription cost is likely the same regardless of whether you choose the VF 9 Plus or the version with the bigger battery. So I would go with the VF 9 Plus.

The VF9 would be my choice because of its extended range, and it has a bigger battery capacity than the VF8.

I’ve been in the same boat! Between the VF8 and VF9, it really comes down to what you're looking for. If you need more space and range, I’d lean toward the VF9, especially for longer trips. That extra room makes a difference, plus the extended range is a big perk. As for battery size, it’s worth thinking about how often you do longer drives, if it's mostly city driving, the smaller battery could be fine. I believe the rental cost is similar for both, but might vary depending on the plan you choose. Personally, I’d go VF9 for the range alone. ✌
My wife’s stuck deciding between VF8 and VF9, and she’s all hung up on which battery size to go for too. What’s your take on it? Which one do you personally like and why? And hey, do you happen to know if the rental cost is the same for both? I’m kinda leaning towards the VF9 myself, especially with that extended range.

It’s a tough choice! Both the VF8 and VF9 have their strengths, but the VF9 definitely stands out if you’re after extra range and more room. If you're planning a lot of road trips or need more cargo space, the VF9 is the way to go.

The VF8, on the other hand, is a bit more compact and agile for city driving. bigger is better for the battery size if you’re worried about range anxiety, but for daily driving, the standard size should work fine. Regarding rental costs, I’ve heard they’re pretty close between the two, but it’s worth double-checking with VinFast.

I’d personally choose the VF9 for the versatility! 🤷‍♂️

both are awesome picks, but if I had to choose, I’d go with the VF9, especially if you’re into road trips or need extra space. It is significantly larger, and spacious. The VF8 is great for everyday stuff, but that longer range on the VF9 is super tempting. Plus, if you're thinking about family trips or hauling stuff, the VF9’s got you covered. Not 100% sure about the rental cost comparison, but I’d guess they’re pretty similar.

I think the key here is how much range and space you really need. I’d go VF9 if you’re torn, especially for those longer drives!

I’m leaning towards the VF9, mainly for the extended range and larger size—perfect for those long weekend getaways! The VF8 is great too, especially for city driving or if you’re not doing a ton of long-distance travel. But if range anxiety is a concern, that extra mileage on the VF9 gives a lot of peace of mind. Battery size is a big factor though, so if your wife prefers more range, the larger battery is worth it.

As for rental costs, they should be close, but I’d recommend checking directly with VinFast for specifics.

Personally, the VF9 ticks more boxes for me, bigger, better range, and more flexibility.

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back