VinFast charging problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwyn_98

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble charging their VinFast? No matter how hard I try, the level 1 charger they gave me is completely useless. Extremely frustrating! What do you guys use?

My VinFast charger does not appear to be working! I can't seem to get a good charge at home. I've been using the Autel charger at home lately, and it works great. If your VinFast charger is acting up, consider other options such as Autel; there may be a better fit for you!

Did you make sure that it was installed properly? There might be some loose wirings or disconnected wires that cause this issue. I use BENY to charge my EV and so far I haven't encountered any issues with it.

Have you figured out what works best for you @gwyn_98? It is also possible that there are loose wirings might as well get it serviced man

I experienced a similar charging issue at home. At first, I suspected it was the charger, but then I realized something else was going on. The outlet I was using was either overloaded or faulty. Anyway, when I switched to a different outlet that wasn't overloaded with other things, my car charged perfectly. Speaking of charging, you should consider installing a separate circuit breaker for your charger. This way, it won't have to compete for power with other appliances, which can occasionally cause issues like the one I had.

Ehhh? The Level 1 charger is super slow, and for most EV owners, it doesn’t quite cut it for daily charging needs. I had the same issue with mine when I first got my VF8. I’d recommend investing in a Level 2 charger if you can, night and day difference! You can charge your vehicle much faster. Like double or 3x. it's way more convenient if you have regular driving needs. I personally went with the ChargePoint Home Flex. theres a lot of great options out there.

Level 1 chargers can definitely feel like a joke sometimes, especially if you’re depending on it for everyday use. I had the same experience when I first got my VF8. One trick that helped me was using an extension cord with a higher amperage capacity to avoid any power drop, but eventually, I just upgraded to a Level 2 charger. 🤷‍♂️

you can install one yourself, or you can hire an electrician if you'd rather not risk it. It's well worth it for the faster charging speeds! Just a heads-up, though: check if your garage circuit can handle the higher load before you upgrade. 👍
Is anyone else having trouble charging their VinFast? No matter how hard I try, the level 1 charger they gave me is completely useless. Extremely frustrating! What do you guys use?

the Level 1 charger isn’t great for most people. it’s really just meant for emergency situations, or when you have no other options. 😓 If you’re relying on it for daily charging, you’ll probably run into issues like that. Or at least, have days where you don't have enough range.

Nowadays, upgrading to a Level 2 charger is the way to go. It’ll give you way faster charging speeds and a much smoother experience. I got the JuiceBox 40 and haven’t had a single issue since. You’ll thank yourself later! 💪

Sounds like you’re not alone! 😫 Level 1 chargers can be painfully slow, and they’re really not built for regular use unless your daily driving range is super minimal. Have you checked if it’s a power issue at your home, though? Sometimes older outlets or circuits can affect the charging performance.

That said, switching to a Level 2 charger is a game-changer. I upgraded to the Emporia EV Charger, and it made a huge difference. Do you plan on upgrading? Curious to see if you find another solution before making the jump! 😅

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back