Vinfast’s VF8 – A total disaster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williamcarter

Reaction score
Man, let me tell you about my VF8 nightmare last year. Two months in and it's like a disaster movie. Charging takes ages—like, six hours for a pathetic 12% bump. Regenerative braking acting up, the car randomly shutting down, and a whole circus of AEB, battery, and motor issues. Can't even save my settings, and don't get me started on lane assist or Apple CarPlay—it's like they're on strike. Four service trips later and still no fix. Can you believe it, all in just two months? But hey, VF8's out of my life now, and I'm loving my EV6. I’m just crossing my fingers tight and hoping I don't go through the same nightmare with my EV6!

Man, let me tell you about my VF8 nightmare last year. Two months in and it's like a disaster movie. Charging takes ages—like, six hours for a pathetic 12% bump. Regenerative braking acting up, the car randomly shutting down, and a whole circus of AEB, battery, and motor issues. Can't even save my settings, and don't get me started on lane assist or Apple CarPlay—it's like they're on strike. Four service trips later and still no fix. Can you believe it, all in just two months? But hey, VF8's out of my life now, and I'm loving my EV6. I’m just crossing my fingers tight and hoping I don't go through the same nightmare with my EV6!
Assume this was 2023 model. How did you "get it out of your life"? Sell, turn in under 'lemon' law or what?
Motor Trend totally bashed the '23 but said many issues were software related. Of those which were your issues? And if not, you think they fixed in 2024 model?
I'm considering the really good $200/mo lease on a '23 VF8 Plus, with $0 down. Take a chance or pay $50-100 more for the '24 VF8? Or forget it and get an EV6 or Ioniq 5, for a bit more $$ ?
Your opinion - anyone ?

which is really annoying, especially after only two months! I can't picture having to deal with that many problems at once. Sorry to hear that the VF8 got you into trouble. I hope you enjoy your EV6 now. We hope that things go smoothly from now on! 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for telling about your VF8. it helps those who are still not sure about it. How did your trade-in go? It's too bad that you gave up the VF8. Did they report anything or give you money back?

That VF8 situation sounds like a tech disaster! 😟 I can’t believe you went through all that in such a short time. It’s crazy that they haven’t figured out how to fix those bugs with lane assist and CarPlay, but four service trips? That’s way too much.

Sounds like the EV6 is a huge improvement, though! Hope it treats you much better—fingers crossed those issues are well behind you. Maybe you can give us updates on how the EV6 compares long term? It’s always good to hear from someone who’s been on both sides.

totally get where you're coming from. It’s super frustrating they release a brand-new car that has problems that just keep stacking up . It’s crazy to hear about the charging time, regenerative braking acting up, and all those random shutdowns. 😩 But at least you’re out of the VF8 hitches for now, and with something more reliable with the EV6! I bet that feels like a weight off your shoulders. this is better for you. But just be wary of their own hitches. Nothing's perfect.

That sounds like a really rough experience with the VF8—especially for it all to happen in just two months! 😖 Charging taking that long for such a small bump is unacceptable, and the random shutdowns, AEB failures, and all the other issues sound like a never-ending headache.

Glad to hear the EV6 is treating you better. I hope VinFast can get their act together for future models because hearing stories like this doesn't inspire much confidence. Thanks for being upfront about it.

I think this is the same problem with the 12V battery. It's a common problem with VinFast cars in Vietnam. I saw someone trying to fix their battery by plugging it back in. It was funny and sad at the same time.

Join the VinFast VF 6 and VF 7 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back